Well, you said you wished your hair had more body
- MikeVanPelt
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 341
- Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:07 pm
Well, you said you wished your hair had more body
Yayyy! Back to the merry hijinks.
- Shyal_malkes
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 1807
- Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:12 am
- Contact:
- Earl McClaw
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 759
- Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2002 8:15 am
- Contact:
Well, after Ben had shown the new greenhouse to Lily, the arcade had a visitor who'd recently traveled to Japan.The JAM wrote:...erm, where did we leave off?
(Has anyone else noticed that both Nip & Tuck and Tales of the Questor show big donations from "this month" but Goblin Hollow shows $0?)
Earl McClaw invites you to visit Furryco and the DGL. (Avatar used with permission of Ralph Hayes, Jr.)
-
Deckard Canine
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 295
- Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:21 am
- Location: DC
-
Labrusca
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 385
- Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:13 pm
- Location: Directly over the center of the earth.
Is this why the Posse is (are?) goblins? So they can prank Ben? They did more damage when they were trying to help him. Like Zoot calling half the phone book trying to get a date for Ben. Or the way the Tulpa posse went out to promote Goblin Hollow when it was new.
Hardly seems worth the work of a retcon.
Hardly seems worth the work of a retcon.
There's no insanity in my family. *I* have it all!!
- Wanderwolf
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 705
- Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:18 pm
- Location: Forney, TX, U.S.A.
- Contact:
Look again; they're pointing at each other.Deckard Canine wrote:Either those two guys weren't involved in the shenanigan, or they're very good at looking innocent. Eesh.
"He did it!"
"It was YOUR idea!"
"Well I didn't think you'd DO it!"
"You dared me!"
Yours truly,
The wolfish,
Wanderer
P.S.: I wonder if werewolves exist in the GH universe. Of course, I don't mean the kind that turn into humans; since "werewolf" starts with a word that also spawned the term "virile", a furry "werebeast" would just become a more powerful version of his/her species.
- Squeaky Bunny
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 1664
- Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2002 6:44 am
- Location: Slightly south of Tampa, Florida
I thought they were practicing their disco moves.Wanderwolf wrote:Look again; they're pointing at each other.Deckard Canine wrote:Either those two guys weren't involved in the shenanigan, or they're very good at looking innocent. Eesh.
"He did it!"
"It was YOUR idea!"
"Well I didn't think you'd DO it!"
"You dared me!"
I suppose that if it came to being confused as to what species it really was, you could call it a bewilderbeast?Yours truly,
The wolfish,
Wanderer
P.S.: I wonder if werewolves exist in the GH universe. Of course, I don't mean the kind that turn into humans; since "werewolf" starts with a word that also spawned the term "virile", a furry "werebeast" would just become a more powerful version of his/her species.
Honesty is the best policy, but insanity is a better defence. 
- Wanderwolf
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 705
- Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:18 pm
- Location: Forney, TX, U.S.A.
- Contact:
And if it became a ghost, that would make the beastie airy (bestiary), wouldn't it?Squeaky Bunny wrote:I suppose that if it came to being confused as to what species it really was, you could call it a bewilderbeast?Wanderwolf wrote:P.S.: I wonder if werewolves exist in the GH universe. Of course, I don't mean the kind that turn into humans; since "werewolf" starts with a word that also spawned the term "virile", a furry "werebeast" would just become a more powerful version of his/her species.
Of course, in a furry world, you can get away with stealing the Bunnicula concept; a vampire rabbit that sucks out the juices of vegetables. (Although I still say Chester was overreacting; the celery does not stalk at midnight.) Of course, all he'd really need would be a Vita-Mix, and then nobody will ever know.
Now, in real-world mythologies, some creatures are re- or mis-interpretations of existing animals; for instance, a manticore was an early description of African lions (teeth and claws of iron = strong, sharp claws and teeth), while a harpy was a mangled description of a specific bird in Greece. And the dog-headed people of the Andaman Islands really are dog-headed.. in the medical sense of having a cranium that slopes back from the orbits, rather than rising to a dome.
Yours truly,
The wolfish,
Wanderer
- Squeaky Bunny
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 1664
- Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2002 6:44 am
- Location: Slightly south of Tampa, Florida
Maybe, but if it were a bird, its home would be a beastie aerie.Wanderwolf wrote:And if it became a ghost, that would make the beastie airy (bestiary), wouldn't it?Squeaky Bunny wrote:I suppose that if it came to being confused as to what species it really was, you could call it a bewilderbeast?Wanderwolf wrote:P.S.: I wonder if werewolves exist in the GH universe. Of course, I don't mean the kind that turn into humans; since "werewolf" starts with a word that also spawned the term "virile", a furry "werebeast" would just become a more powerful version of his/her species.
I'm surprised you didn't mention platypuses.Of course, in a furry world, you can get away with stealing the Bunnicula concept; a vampire rabbit that sucks out the juices of vegetables. (Although I still say Chester was overreacting; the celery does not stalk at midnight.) Of course, all he'd really need would be a Vita-Mix, and then nobody will ever know.![]()
Now, in real-world mythologies, some creatures are re- or mis-interpretations of existing animals; for instance, a manticore was an early description of African lions (teeth and claws of iron = strong, sharp claws and teeth), while a harpy was a mangled description of a specific bird in Greece. And the dog-headed people of the Andaman Islands really are dog-headed.. in the medical sense of having a cranium that slopes back from the orbits, rather than rising to a dome.
Yours truly,
The wolfish,
Wanderer
As far as Bunnicula goes. I know Howe, he did it.
Honesty is the best policy, but insanity is a better defence. 
-
Deckard Canine
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 295
- Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:21 am
- Location: DC
Thanks for those elaborations. I knew that the mythological salamander traced back to the way real salamanders literally come out of the woodwork when it catches fire. Now if I only knew how the idea of dragons got so widespread.... (turns around with wide eyes)Wanderwolf wrote:Now, in real-world mythologies, some creatures are re- or mis-interpretations of existing animals;
- StrangeWulf13
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 1433
- Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2003 9:03 pm
- Location: Frozen plains of North Dakota...
- Contact:
Actually, I just did an RP the other night with a friend of mine with characters just like that. They're anthros, but also werewolves, and have three forms:Wanderwolf wrote:P.S.: I wonder if werewolves exist in the GH universe. Of course, I don't mean the kind that turn into humans; since "werewolf" starts with a word that also spawned the term "virile", a furry "werebeast" would just become a more powerful version of his/her species.
1. Normal; look just like any other anthro.
2. Animal; looks like your normal wolf.
3. Brute; a sort of beefed up anthro.
I'm lost. I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait. Thanks.
- MikeVanPelt
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 341
- Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:07 pm
Hey, that's the case incapnregex wrote:Naw, you got it all wrong..![]()
Werebeasts in a furry world turn Human when there is a full moon
SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER
Larry Niven's story "What Good is a Glass Dagger?" Werewolves are not humans who can turn into wolves. They're wolves (normal-looking "wolf" wolves, not anthro-like Lon Chaney Jr.) who can turn into humans.
- Earl McClaw
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 759
- Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2002 8:15 am
- Contact:
The origin of dragon myths is a big question. Some suggest natural forces, such as comets, meteors, volcanoes, and earthquakes. Others imagine remnant dinosaurs or interpretations of fossils. Whatever the source, dragon-like creatures are described worldwide, including Europe, Asia, and both the Aztec (Quetzecouatl) and Amerind (Thunder Bird) cultures.Deckard Canine wrote:Now if I only knew how the idea of dragons got so widespread... (turns around with wide eyes)
I can however posit an origin for gryphons. It seems somewhere around or east of the eastern Mediterranean there are dinosaur bone beds containing a particular four-legged beaked dino. These large skeletons were exposed in cliff faces due to erosion. Travellers saw these skeletons and imagination did the rest. (I got this from a History Channel show that also suggested other myths originating from discovery of fossils.)
Earl McClaw invites you to visit Furryco and the DGL. (Avatar used with permission of Ralph Hayes, Jr.)
- StrangeWulf13
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 1433
- Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2003 9:03 pm
- Location: Frozen plains of North Dakota...
- Contact:
Huh... that sounds a lot like how dragons are "born" in the Questorverse, at least according to the account of one priest found in the Beastiary...Earl McClaw wrote:The origin of dragon myths is a big question. Some suggest natural forces, such as comets, meteors, volcanoes, and earthquakes.
I'm lost. I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait. Thanks.