I still want to clobber you
I still want to clobber you
The best defence is a good offence.

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."
-- Douglas Adams
-- Douglas Adams
- Fusion
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 953
- Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:16 pm
- Location: My own little world
- Contact:
Now that's a perfect example of conflicting intrest! 
"Heh, sometimes talking to yourself is the only way to get an intelligent conversation..."--Tbolt
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"--Edgar Allen Poe
"I just had an argument with myself, so now we're not talking."--me
"We are the salt of the earth, not the powdered sugar."--R.H. Jr.
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"--Edgar Allen Poe
"I just had an argument with myself, so now we're not talking."--me
"We are the salt of the earth, not the powdered sugar."--R.H. Jr.
- Earl McClaw
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 759
- Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2002 8:15 am
- Contact:
Earl McClaw invites you to visit Furryco and the DGL. (Avatar used with permission of Ralph Hayes, Jr.)
- Shyal_malkes
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 1807
- Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:12 am
- Contact:
-
Labrusca
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 385
- Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:13 pm
- Location: Directly over the center of the earth.
I'm confused. Did Ben go ahead and convert the original greenhouse to a game room and then convert another room to a greenhouse? That can't be right, considering how much work converting another room to a greenhouse would take. Not to mention getting the building permits, inspections, etc. done in that short a time.
There's no insanity in my family. *I* have it all!!
- Squeaky Bunny
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 1664
- Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2002 6:44 am
- Location: Slightly south of Tampa, Florida
- Earl McClaw
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 759
- Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2002 8:15 am
- Contact:
I believe originally Ben had begun converting the room Lily had thought to make into a greenhouse into a tabletop game room instead. Once Lily had left, he then set about creating a proper greenhouse for her as an apology.labrusca wrote:I'm confused. Did Ben go ahead and convert the original greenhouse to a game room and then convert another room to a greenhouse? That can't be right, considering how much work converting another room to a greenhouse would take. Not to mention getting the building permits, inspections, etc. done in that short a time.
Looks like Ben (and friends) pulled off a While You Were Gone or a miniature Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. Just look at the glass walls and celing! What's more, it's got to be on the top floor (personal living space, glass roof), probably in the back (so it doesn't ruin the "street image" of the building). I don't think there's a "wing" with fewer floors.
Permits? Well, it depends on who has authority over the lot. There tend to be fewer restrictions for property outside city/town limits. The most radical work would probably be the glass and the plumbing (although I suspect some electrical changes, too).
And do we have a specific number of days Lily was gone?
Earl McClaw invites you to visit Furryco and the DGL. (Avatar used with permission of Ralph Hayes, Jr.)
- Maxgoof
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 961
- Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2003 11:40 am
- Location: Columbus, Ohio
- Contact:
Actually, it's on a concrete slab Ben found out back, where the previous owner was going to put up a garage, and changed his mind.
Max Goof
"You gotta be loose...relaxed...with your feet apart, and...Ten o'clock. Two o'clock. Quarter to three! Tour jete! Twist! Over! Pas de deux! I'm a little teapot! And the windup...and let 'er fly! The Perfect Cast!" --Goofy
"You gotta be loose...relaxed...with your feet apart, and...Ten o'clock. Two o'clock. Quarter to three! Tour jete! Twist! Over! Pas de deux! I'm a little teapot! And the windup...and let 'er fly! The Perfect Cast!" --Goofy
-
Roberto the Dane
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 77
- Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:56 am
Well, he does have to get permission from the proper authorities.labrusca wrote:I'm confused. Did Ben go ahead and convert the original greenhouse to a game room and then convert another room to a greenhouse? That can't be right, considering how much work converting another room to a greenhouse would take. Not to mention getting the building permits, inspections, etc. done in that short a time.
"Hey, Ralph. Do you mind if I build a greenhouse?"
"No, Ben. Go right ahead."
There, all done.
Roberto the Dane
- Madmoonie
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 2215
- Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:05 pm
- Location: Not a fuzzy clue.... (waves)
- Contact:
They still to confront the issues of him buying all those things. He made the greenhouse AFTER she got mad at him (with just cause).
Jesus said to her, 'I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?' John 11: 25-26
----
Want a new avatar? Contact me and I can set you up with a new sig pic or avatar, totally FREE!
----
Want a new avatar? Contact me and I can set you up with a new sig pic or avatar, totally FREE!
- Wallaroo_Blacke
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 196
- Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
- Location: -Location Withheld- in Texas
- Contact:
- Maxgoof
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 961
- Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2003 11:40 am
- Location: Columbus, Ohio
- Contact:
True, but remember, the issue primarily was not how much it was costing, but that he didn't talk to her first.Madmoonie wrote:They still to confront the issues of him buying all those things. He made the greenhouse AFTER she got mad at him (with just cause).
It is always easier to get forgiveness than permission.
Max Goof
"You gotta be loose...relaxed...with your feet apart, and...Ten o'clock. Two o'clock. Quarter to three! Tour jete! Twist! Over! Pas de deux! I'm a little teapot! And the windup...and let 'er fly! The Perfect Cast!" --Goofy
"You gotta be loose...relaxed...with your feet apart, and...Ten o'clock. Two o'clock. Quarter to three! Tour jete! Twist! Over! Pas de deux! I'm a little teapot! And the windup...and let 'er fly! The Perfect Cast!" --Goofy
- Madmoonie
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 2215
- Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:05 pm
- Location: Not a fuzzy clue.... (waves)
- Contact:
Thats what I meant. The fact that he was doing all these things without talking with her in the first place.maxgoof wrote:True, but remember, the issue primarily was not how much it was costing, but that he didn't talk to her first.Madmoonie wrote:They still to confront the issues of him buying all those things. He made the greenhouse AFTER she got mad at him (with just cause).
It is always easier to get forgiveness than permission.
Jesus said to her, 'I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?' John 11: 25-26
----
Want a new avatar? Contact me and I can set you up with a new sig pic or avatar, totally FREE!
----
Want a new avatar? Contact me and I can set you up with a new sig pic or avatar, totally FREE!
- Wallaroo_Blacke
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 196
- Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
- Location: -Location Withheld- in Texas
- Contact:
That situation is kinda like the one
in a cartoon where a daddy quail was
trying to get worm for his daughter, and
when catches it, and he hands the worm
over to her. All of a a sudden, she starts
crying. The quail dad asks, "Why are you
crying now? I got you the
worm that you wanted to eat!"
Little girl quail: I can't eat him, daddy... I just CAN'T!!!
Daddy quail: For Heaven's sake... why not?
Little girl quail: Because he looks like Frankie Sinatra!!!
Daddy quail: OH NO!!!
Same situation, but differnet characters, different settings, and different everything.
However, it was good that Lily had been defused from slugging her hubby.

in a cartoon where a daddy quail was
trying to get worm for his daughter, and
when catches it, and he hands the worm
over to her. All of a a sudden, she starts
crying. The quail dad asks, "Why are you
crying now? I got you the
worm that you wanted to eat!"
Little girl quail: I can't eat him, daddy... I just CAN'T!!!
Daddy quail: For Heaven's sake... why not?
Little girl quail: Because he looks like Frankie Sinatra!!!
Daddy quail: OH NO!!!
Same situation, but differnet characters, different settings, and different everything.
However, it was good that Lily had been defused from slugging her hubby.
Dang, you took what I wanted say.Earl McClaw wrote:He's provoked this reaction before.
But, its cool they are all patched up. Another week and I think Penny would have a conniption fit or least a freaky twich.
If you think she was upset over non-emergency spending on the credit card before, just wait until she sees the next bill!Madmoonie wrote:They still to confront the issues of him buying all those things. He made the greenhouse AFTER she got mad at him (with just cause).
Then she's going to kill Ben - big time! (At least if money is as tight there as in most real life households these days.)
TGIF