April Showers in July

User avatar
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2215
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:05 pm
Location: Not a fuzzy clue.... (waves)
Contact:

April Showers in July

Post by Madmoonie »

That is certainly cool. I like the idea of the misting fountains. I think I have heard of them but never actually seen them. Closest is those 'boiling' punch bowls at Halloween. Anyway, Ben did some really cool stuff. But I agree with Lily....snkeay, coniving bear. But the greenhouse looks really neat and he did mean well.....so I guess I will let it slide :P. But what is the "mad money" he spoke of?
Jesus said to her, 'I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?' John 11: 25-26
----
Want a new avatar? Contact me and I can set you up with a new sig pic or avatar, totally FREE!

User avatar
The JAM
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2281
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Somewhere in Mexico...
Contact:

Post by The JAM »

I would say "all is well that ends well" but he still has to pay for this stuff.

User avatar
Jaydub
Regular Poster
Posts: 699
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:18 pm
Location: Monroe, WA
Contact:

Post by Jaydub »

The JAM wrote:I would say "all is well that ends well" but he still has to pay for this stuff.
He can take the extra money that comes in form the Game room he built to pay for it. :D :D

Looks like a real win-win situation to me. :wink:
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."
-- Douglas Adams

User avatar
Calbeck
Regular Poster
Posts: 595
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: The Land of AZ
Contact:

Post by Calbeck »

I am SO envious of that girl right now.

User avatar
Fusion
Regular Poster
Posts: 953
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:16 pm
Location: My own little world
Contact:

Post by Fusion »

I've heard of fighting fire with fire, but storms with storms? :D
"Heh, sometimes talking to yourself is the only way to get an intelligent conversation..."--Tbolt
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"--Edgar Allen Poe
"I just had an argument with myself, so now we're not talking."--me
"We are the salt of the earth, not the powdered sugar."--R.H. Jr.

User avatar
The JAM
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2281
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Somewhere in Mexico...
Contact:

Post by The JAM »

Or was this story arc just an excuse to draw Lily in a wet shirt?

User avatar
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2215
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:05 pm
Location: Not a fuzzy clue.... (waves)
Contact:

Post by Madmoonie »

On a COMEPLETLY unrelated note....I believe that misting is a better method of watering plants.
Jesus said to her, 'I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?' John 11: 25-26
----
Want a new avatar? Contact me and I can set you up with a new sig pic or avatar, totally FREE!

User avatar
Squeaky Bunny
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1664
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2002 6:44 am
Location: Slightly south of Tampa, Florida

Post by Squeaky Bunny »

Madmoonie wrote:On a COMEPLETLY unrelated note....I believe that misting is a better method of watering plants.
Hmmm, Where's a Hortmage when you need one?
Honesty is the best policy, but insanity is a better defence. :shucks:

Roberto the Dane
Regular Poster
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:56 am

Post by Roberto the Dane »

The JAM wrote:Or was this story arc just an excuse to draw Lily in a wet shirt?
Smoked glass for privacy. :roll:

Roberto the Dane

User avatar
Squeaky Bunny
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1664
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2002 6:44 am
Location: Slightly south of Tampa, Florida

Post by Squeaky Bunny »

Roberto the Dane wrote:
The JAM wrote:Or was this story arc just an excuse to draw Lily in a wet shirt?
Smoked glass for privacy. :roll:

Roberto the Dane
Yeah, wetting your plants in public is embarrassing. :oops:
Honesty is the best policy, but insanity is a better defence. :shucks:

User avatar
Steltek
Regular Poster
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:52 pm

Post by Steltek »

I've shot men in the back for puns that weren't as bad as that. :lol:

User avatar
Earl McClaw
Regular Poster
Posts: 759
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2002 8:15 am
Contact:

Post by Earl McClaw »

Madmoonie wrote:On a COMEPLETLY unrelated note....I believe that misting is a better method of watering plants.
That's what the "mist fountains" in the birdbaths are for. (An who says the overhead sprinklers can only do rain?)
Earl McClaw invites you to visit Furryco and the DGL. (Avatar used with permission of Ralph Hayes, Jr.)

User avatar
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2215
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:05 pm
Location: Not a fuzzy clue.... (waves)
Contact:

Post by Madmoonie »

Earl McClaw wrote:
Madmoonie wrote:On a COMEPLETLY unrelated note....I believe that misting is a better method of watering plants.
That's what the "mist fountains" in the birdbaths are for. (An who says the overhead sprinklers can only do rain?)
I know. I was agreeing with Ben.
Jesus said to her, 'I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?' John 11: 25-26
----
Want a new avatar? Contact me and I can set you up with a new sig pic or avatar, totally FREE!

TMLutas
Regular Poster
Posts: 658
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:19 pm

Re: April Showers in July

Post by TMLutas »

Madmoonie wrote:That is certainly cool. I like the idea of the misting fountains. I think I have heard of them but never actually seen them. Closest is those 'boiling' punch bowls at Halloween. Anyway, Ben did some really cool stuff. But I agree with Lily....snkeay, coniving bear. But the greenhouse looks really neat and he did mean well.....so I guess I will let it slide :P. But what is the "mad money" he spoke of?
I think 'mad money' is a fund that people put aside and raid to just kick loose and have some fun. If you ever want to be able to say "Honey, Let's go to Rio" and actually do it, right then, without robbing your children or fending off bill collectors for the next six months, you need to pre-plan your madness.

Labrusca
Regular Poster
Posts: 385
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:13 pm
Location: Directly over the center of the earth.

Post by Labrusca »

Since the smoked glass gives privacy, I wonder if they will "christen" the greenhouse?
There's no insanity in my family. *I* have it all!!

TMLutas
Regular Poster
Posts: 658
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:19 pm

Post by TMLutas »

labrusca wrote:Since the smoked glass gives privacy, I wonder if they will "christen" the greenhouse?
Who was it who asked "don't you ever quit?"

Of course that sucker's getting christened.

Labrusca
Regular Poster
Posts: 385
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:13 pm
Location: Directly over the center of the earth.

Post by Labrusca »

Madmoonie wrote:On a COMEPLETLY unrelated note....I believe that misting is a better method of watering plants.
Depends on the plant. Some things like ferns love it. Other things will rot from it. Botanical gardens often have greenhouses with different environments according to how the plants are to be watered.
There's no insanity in my family. *I* have it all!!

User avatar
Nekocan
Newbie
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:31 am

Post by Nekocan »

fusion wrote:I've heard of fighting fire with fire, but storms with storms? :D
I guess, by Zeus's thunder, that bear pull his butt from the fury that was Lilly. I bet Will Smith could not have done any better.

User avatar
Maxgoof
Regular Poster
Posts: 961
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2003 11:40 am
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Contact:

Post by Maxgoof »

Actually, textured glass rather than smoked glass is probably a better choice if privacy is what you want.

You know, like the glass they put on the shower door.
Max Goof
"You gotta be loose...relaxed...with your feet apart, and...Ten o'clock. Two o'clock. Quarter to three! Tour jete! Twist! Over! Pas de deux! I'm a little teapot! And the windup...and let 'er fly! The Perfect Cast!" --Goofy

User avatar
Lou Leghorn
Regular Poster
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2002 7:16 pm
Location: Greenwood, IN

Post by Lou Leghorn »

Madmoonie wrote:On a COMEPLETLY unrelated note....I believe that misting is a better method of watering plants.
And all this time, I thought mst'ing was something that was only done to bad movies. :ick:
---
Getting older is no excuse to grow up.
Lou Leghorn

Post Reply