I still want to clobber you

User avatar
Jaydub
Regular Poster
Posts: 699
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:18 pm
Location: Monroe, WA
Contact:

I still want to clobber you

Post by Jaydub »

The best defence is a good offence. :lol: :lol:
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."
-- Douglas Adams

User avatar
Fusion
Regular Poster
Posts: 953
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:16 pm
Location: My own little world
Contact:

Post by Fusion »

Now that's a perfect example of conflicting intrest! :D
"Heh, sometimes talking to yourself is the only way to get an intelligent conversation..."--Tbolt
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"--Edgar Allen Poe
"I just had an argument with myself, so now we're not talking."--me
"We are the salt of the earth, not the powdered sugar."--R.H. Jr.

User avatar
Earl McClaw
Regular Poster
Posts: 759
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2002 8:15 am
Contact:

Post by Earl McClaw »

Earl McClaw invites you to visit Furryco and the DGL. (Avatar used with permission of Ralph Hayes, Jr.)

User avatar
Shyal_malkes
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1807
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:12 am
Contact:

Post by Shyal_malkes »

gotta love the power of the appology, in Fable you can use it to get out of paying a ton of cash AND you can get away with multiple murders and all sorts of stuff with just a few appologies and lettin the guards thwack you a few times. :D
I still say the doctor did it....

User avatar
The JAM
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2281
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Somewhere in Mexico...
Contact:

Post by The JAM »

Look on the bright side, Lily, he's not going to be getting ANY sleep tonight either ;)

User avatar
Narnian
Regular Poster
Posts: 621
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 9:25 pm
Location: Richmond, VA
Contact:

Post by Narnian »

I was right about it being a nursery :D

Although not at all in the way I thought :oops:
Pax,
Richard
-------------
"We are all fallen creatures and all very hard to live with", C. S. Lewis

User avatar
Chaser617
Regular Poster
Posts: 391
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2002 5:12 am

Post by Chaser617 »

*snerks and doesn't say anything, for he wonders if he'll ever hear those words out of his wife's mouth*

Labrusca
Regular Poster
Posts: 385
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:13 pm
Location: Directly over the center of the earth.

Post by Labrusca »

I'm confused. Did Ben go ahead and convert the original greenhouse to a game room and then convert another room to a greenhouse? That can't be right, considering how much work converting another room to a greenhouse would take. Not to mention getting the building permits, inspections, etc. done in that short a time.
There's no insanity in my family. *I* have it all!!

User avatar
Narnian
Regular Poster
Posts: 621
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 9:25 pm
Location: Richmond, VA
Contact:

Post by Narnian »

Permits? PERMITS? We don't need no stinking permits!
Pax,
Richard
-------------
"We are all fallen creatures and all very hard to live with", C. S. Lewis

User avatar
Squeaky Bunny
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1664
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2002 6:44 am
Location: Slightly south of Tampa, Florida

Post by Squeaky Bunny »

Lily can still plant one on him. Smack on the tulips. :shucks:
Honesty is the best policy, but insanity is a better defence. :shucks:

User avatar
Earl McClaw
Regular Poster
Posts: 759
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2002 8:15 am
Contact:

Post by Earl McClaw »

labrusca wrote:I'm confused. Did Ben go ahead and convert the original greenhouse to a game room and then convert another room to a greenhouse? That can't be right, considering how much work converting another room to a greenhouse would take. Not to mention getting the building permits, inspections, etc. done in that short a time.
I believe originally Ben had begun converting the room Lily had thought to make into a greenhouse into a tabletop game room instead. Once Lily had left, he then set about creating a proper greenhouse for her as an apology.

Looks like Ben (and friends) pulled off a While You Were Gone or a miniature Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. Just look at the glass walls and celing! What's more, it's got to be on the top floor (personal living space, glass roof), probably in the back (so it doesn't ruin the "street image" of the building). I don't think there's a "wing" with fewer floors.

Permits? Well, it depends on who has authority over the lot. There tend to be fewer restrictions for property outside city/town limits. The most radical work would probably be the glass and the plumbing (although I suspect some electrical changes, too).

And do we have a specific number of days Lily was gone?
Earl McClaw invites you to visit Furryco and the DGL. (Avatar used with permission of Ralph Hayes, Jr.)

User avatar
Maxgoof
Regular Poster
Posts: 961
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2003 11:40 am
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Contact:

Post by Maxgoof »

Actually, it's on a concrete slab Ben found out back, where the previous owner was going to put up a garage, and changed his mind.
Max Goof
"You gotta be loose...relaxed...with your feet apart, and...Ten o'clock. Two o'clock. Quarter to three! Tour jete! Twist! Over! Pas de deux! I'm a little teapot! And the windup...and let 'er fly! The Perfect Cast!" --Goofy

Roberto the Dane
Regular Poster
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:56 am

Post by Roberto the Dane »

labrusca wrote:I'm confused. Did Ben go ahead and convert the original greenhouse to a game room and then convert another room to a greenhouse? That can't be right, considering how much work converting another room to a greenhouse would take. Not to mention getting the building permits, inspections, etc. done in that short a time.
Well, he does have to get permission from the proper authorities.

"Hey, Ralph. Do you mind if I build a greenhouse?"

"No, Ben. Go right ahead."

There, all done. :)

Roberto the Dane

User avatar
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2215
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:05 pm
Location: Not a fuzzy clue.... (waves)
Contact:

Post by Madmoonie »

They still to confront the issues of him buying all those things. He made the greenhouse AFTER she got mad at him (with just cause).
Jesus said to her, 'I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?' John 11: 25-26
----
Want a new avatar? Contact me and I can set you up with a new sig pic or avatar, totally FREE!

User avatar
Wallaroo_Blacke
Regular Poster
Posts: 196
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: -Location Withheld- in Texas
Contact:

Post by Wallaroo_Blacke »

Narnian wrote:I was right about it being a nursery :D

Although not at all in the way I thought :oops:
Same here. But at least it make a lot of oxygen in that
house.

User avatar
Maxgoof
Regular Poster
Posts: 961
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2003 11:40 am
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Contact:

Post by Maxgoof »

Madmoonie wrote:They still to confront the issues of him buying all those things. He made the greenhouse AFTER she got mad at him (with just cause).
True, but remember, the issue primarily was not how much it was costing, but that he didn't talk to her first.

It is always easier to get forgiveness than permission.
Max Goof
"You gotta be loose...relaxed...with your feet apart, and...Ten o'clock. Two o'clock. Quarter to three! Tour jete! Twist! Over! Pas de deux! I'm a little teapot! And the windup...and let 'er fly! The Perfect Cast!" --Goofy

User avatar
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2215
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:05 pm
Location: Not a fuzzy clue.... (waves)
Contact:

Post by Madmoonie »

maxgoof wrote:
Madmoonie wrote:They still to confront the issues of him buying all those things. He made the greenhouse AFTER she got mad at him (with just cause).
True, but remember, the issue primarily was not how much it was costing, but that he didn't talk to her first.

It is always easier to get forgiveness than permission.
Thats what I meant. The fact that he was doing all these things without talking with her in the first place.
Jesus said to her, 'I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?' John 11: 25-26
----
Want a new avatar? Contact me and I can set you up with a new sig pic or avatar, totally FREE!

User avatar
Wallaroo_Blacke
Regular Poster
Posts: 196
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: -Location Withheld- in Texas
Contact:

Post by Wallaroo_Blacke »

That situation is kinda like the one
in a cartoon where a daddy quail was
trying to get worm for his daughter, and
when catches it, and he hands the worm
over to her. All of a a sudden, she starts
crying. The quail dad asks, "Why are you
crying now? I got you the
worm that you wanted to eat!"

Little girl quail: I can't eat him, daddy... I just CAN'T!!!

Daddy quail: For Heaven's sake... why not?

Little girl quail: Because he looks like Frankie Sinatra!!!

Daddy quail: OH NO!!!

Same situation, but differnet characters, different settings, and different everything.

However, it was good that Lily had been defused from slugging her hubby.

:D :shucks:

User avatar
Nekocan
Newbie
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:31 am

Post by Nekocan »

Earl McClaw wrote:He's provoked this reaction before.
Dang, you took what I wanted say. :P

But, its cool they are all patched up. Another week and I think Penny would have a conniption fit or least a freaky twich.

User avatar
TGIF
Regular Poster
Posts: 259
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2002 10:12 pm
Location: Oak Park, Michigan

Post by TGIF »

Madmoonie wrote:They still to confront the issues of him buying all those things. He made the greenhouse AFTER she got mad at him (with just cause).
If you think she was upset over non-emergency spending on the credit card before, just wait until she sees the next bill!

Then she's going to kill Ben - big time! (At least if money is as tight there as in most real life households these days.)

TGIF

Post Reply