smegola!

smegola!

Postby Crazykiltman on Sat Aug 10, 2002 2:06 am

i can't believe it!
i meet matt at the con, i get a cool sketch of portia, and i forget to ask for a sketch of stillwell!
he's my favorite character!

oh well. next year, eh?

(from the newspost) <b><i>Spencer King (who is now so indebted to me that his grandchildren will be paying it off!)</i></b>
yeah, the slackers. it'll probably fall to my great-grandchildren.
smegging grandchildren. never pullin' their weight.

and matt, expect some fanart/comic whenever i think of something funny. ...or passable.
i wonder if humpty dumpty had ears. i mean, think about it. that could explain his whole equilibrium problem.
Crazykiltman
Regular Poster

Postby CaptainSpam on Sat Aug 10, 2002 4:00 am

An elephant for a thief. I swear, Stillwell's my favorite character, too, if not for anything else than that animal choice. :-)
- CaptainSpam
The Dementia of Magic - Somewhere between Tolkien and Monty Python.
CaptainSpam
Regular Poster

Postby Crazykiltman on Sat Aug 10, 2002 6:58 am

and there's something appealing about the way he looks. he just looks cool.
i wonder if humpty dumpty had ears. i mean, think about it. that could explain his whole equilibrium problem.
Crazykiltman
Regular Poster

Postby Andrick on Sat Aug 10, 2002 7:06 am

What are you talking about? Stillwell is shaped like a bullet! No offense, Matt, but that's just the way it is.
Andrick
Cartoon Hero

Postby Matt Trepal on Sat Aug 10, 2002 9:40 am

I've gotten more comments about Stillwell in the past week and a half than I've ever gotten in the entire run of the strip up until now. People seem to like him a lot more than I ever realized.

Spencer: Glad you liked the Portia sketch (most people do :roll: ). I'd've been more than happy to give you one of Stillwell, as well. As you say, there's always next year. Hopefully by that time you'll have a better idea of where your hotel is. :wink:

Oh, and I like fanart!

Cap'n: I agree; making Stillwell the elephant a thief was (if you'll allow me the conceit) a brilliant move. :roll: Even if he hasn't done much thieving. His character is, to me, coming into better focus all the time.

Andrick: No, I don't take offence, as I know he looks only passingly like an elephant. In fact, he really looks more like the Grimace than any Loxidonta. But then, Portia doesn't really look much like a skunk. I like Stillwell's shape, and it makes him very easy to draw, compared to the others. So, that's another point in his favor.
Matt Trepal
Cartoon Hero

Return to Fight Cast Or Evade