Ouch.

Postby Kellogg on Tue Jun 25, 2002 4:44 am

Andrick wrote:Speaking of figuring things out, wouldn't it be just like Stillwell to mention the interaction of Yerzle and Fawn at the party to Portia in that glibly naive fashion he does so well? And the scene wouldn't be complete without Sashi or Dozer vainly attempting to wave him off. Image

Hee! Yeah! :)

Though, I think poor Portia's suffered quite a bit by now. Perhaps at some later date Stillwell will re-open the wound with hilarious result. :)

Scott
Scott Kellogg
The future's so bright, you gotta wear shades...
21st Century Fox
Kellogg
Regular Poster

Re: Some choice She's got, eh?

Postby Matt Trepal on Wed Jun 26, 2002 4:10 pm

Kellogg wrote:Well, I have to admit, I kind of like Fawn.

Fawn's turning out to be rather popular, actually. I'm a little surprised, myself!

Kellogg wrote:I dunno how Matt's going to work this out, but it's fun to hang on and ride! :)

:D
Matt Trepal
Cartoon Hero

Postby Andrick on Wed Jun 26, 2002 8:10 pm

You shouldn't be surprised at all, Matt. So far, Fawn has been nice, cordial, sympathetic and responsive to the attentions of the main character, Yerzle. The only other recurring female in the strip is bossy, condescending, aloof and rude. Gee, I wonder who the fanboys like? :roll:
"I don't know why, but watching 12-year old Japanese girls flinging their school uniforms at each other was wildly entertaining." - Azrael, Japanese Exchange Teacher.
Andrick
Cartoon Hero

Postby Neutronium Dragon on Thu Jun 27, 2002 5:40 am

Andrick wrote:You shouldn't be surprised at all, Matt. So far, Fawn has been nice, cordial, sympathetic and responsive to the attentions of the main character, Yerzle. The only other recurring female in the strip is bossy, condescending, aloof and rude. Gee, I wonder who the fanboys like? :roll:

Fawn is definitely being portrayed as a much more pleasant and easygoing individual; she certainly seems like a much better match for Yerzle than Portia does at this point.

Why not complicate the cast further, and have her sign up as a regular member of the group? Given the regular disasters the group meets, I'm sure that the services of a competent alchemist (healing potions, you know!) would be handy. ;)

Neutronium Dragon
Neutronium Dragon

Postby Andrick on Thu Jun 27, 2002 7:33 am

Image Huh? Alchemist? Did I miss something?
Andrick
Cartoon Hero

Fawn's job

Postby Matt Trepal on Thu Jun 27, 2002 8:43 am

Andrick wrote:Image Huh? Alchemist? Did I miss something?

Check this strip, Andrick. That should explain everything.
Matt Trepal
Cartoon Hero

Postby Matt Trepal on Thu Jun 27, 2002 8:48 am

Neutronium Dragon wrote:Why not complicate the cast further, and have her sign up as a regular member of the group?

erg... As if the group wasn't big enough already! Still, it's a thought.
Neutronium Dragon wrote:Given the regular disasters the group meets, I'm sure that the services of a competent alchemist (healing potions, you know!) would be handy. ;)

Who said anything about her being competent? You've seen the skill levels of the others, right? :wink:
Matt Trepal
Cartoon Hero

Postby Andrick on Thu Jun 27, 2002 9:48 am

Matt Trepal wrote:Who said anything about her being competent? You've seen the skill levels of the others, right? :wink:

Wouldn't that make her competent by comparison? Image
"I don't know why, but watching 12-year old Japanese girls flinging their school uniforms at each other was wildly entertaining." - Azrael, Japanese Exchange Teacher.
Andrick
Cartoon Hero

Postby Kellogg on Thu Jun 27, 2002 10:05 am

Andrick wrote:
Matt Trepal wrote:Who said anything about her being competent? You've seen the skill levels of the others, right? :wink:

Wouldn't that make her competent by comparison? Image

We can but hope! :)
Scott Kellogg
21st Century Fox
Kellogg
Regular Poster

Postby Matt Trepal on Thu Jun 27, 2002 3:55 pm

Neutronium Dragon wrote:
Andrick wrote:You shouldn't be surprised at all, Matt. So far, Fawn has been nice, cordial, sympathetic and responsive to the attentions of the main character, Yerzle. The only other recurring female in the strip is bossy, condescending, aloof and rude. Gee, I wonder who the fanboys like? :roll:

Fawn is definitely being portrayed as a much more pleasant and easygoing individual; she certainly seems like a much better match for Yerzle than Portia does at this point.

Portia wasn't supposed to wind up the harpy she has become.... :(

I guess that I think of her the way that she was originally written, instead of the character that she has evolved into. The good thing, though, (for me, at least) is that Portia is beginning to look at her behavior in ways she hadn't before. She can still save herself, no?
Matt Trepal
Cartoon Hero

Postby Kellogg on Thu Jun 27, 2002 4:41 pm

Matt Trepal wrote:Portia wasn't supposed to wind up the harpy she has become.... :(

I guess that I think of her the way that she was originally written, instead of the character that she has evolved into. The good thing, though, (for me, at least) is that Portia is beginning to look at her behavior in ways she hadn't before. She can still save herself, no?

I think she can. :)

I certainly hope she will!

It's just that now Fawn seems like a nice gal, I hope she doesn't get hurt!

Scott
Scott Kellogg
21st Century Fox
Kellogg
Regular Poster

Postby Andrick on Thu Jun 27, 2002 8:43 pm

Ah, but isn't getting hurt part of maturing? Pain, loss and grief do wonders for causing a person to stop being childish. Hardship and reflection upon such makes for a wiser person and one which is respectful of others. If anything, this could be the start of a change in Portia.

We've already seen a change in Yerzle, though he still has a ways to go to be the heroic leader arch-type. In much the same way will I expect to see Stillwell evolve and possibly Sashi. Dozer, on the other hand, already has his diploma in the School of Hard Knox, knows his shortcomings and is confident in his abilities; in other words he is the arch-type of the wizened guardian angel.
Andrick
Cartoon Hero

Postby Kellogg on Fri Jun 28, 2002 1:17 am

Well, she's trying to apologize...

Well... I *think* she's trying... :roll:
Scott Kellogg
21st Century Fox
Kellogg
Regular Poster

Postby Andrick on Fri Jun 28, 2002 7:07 am

If THAT was supposed to have been an apology then there should be another panel added to today's comic with her outside and the door slamming shut!

Please, please let Yerzle just turn around and say, "Look, we can talk about this tomorrow. Goodnight, Portia." This isn't about pettiness or revenge on his part; Portia is intruding on Fawn and Yerzle about something that can wait. Something even Portia knows can wait.

She knows she screwed up, she even went to Dozer to get some advice and she still couldn't swallow enough of her pride to apologize. Yerzle had it right, the no-longer-a-princess needs to try harder.
Andrick
Cartoon Hero

*gulp*

Postby Matt Trepal on Fri Jun 28, 2002 4:45 pm

:o
er, i hope things don't let you down too much, andrick....

<small>(i wonder if this is what eric schwartz has to deal with every day?) :wink: </small>
Matt Trepal
Cartoon Hero

Postby Captain Mike on Fri Jun 28, 2002 6:12 pm

Actually i think that because you can get us (your audience Matt) so involved in the development and growth of your characters I tend to see this as agood thing.
<a href="http://captainmike.comicgenesis.com"> Captain Mike</a>
Captain Mike
Regular Poster

Postby Andrick on Sat Jun 29, 2002 9:31 am

Image Matt? How'd you know I regularly gave Eric an earfull?
Andrick
Cartoon Hero

Previous

Return to Fight Cast Or Evade