PRESENTS!

PRESENTS!

Postby Matt Trepal on Sat Jun 08, 2002 6:33 am

I've been promising it for a long time, so I finally got off my duff and completed it last night. What is it, you ask? Well, it's the map of the Middle Kingdoms!

I wanted to color it, but I couldn't get it to look even one-quarter decent, so I left it b/w. If anybody's willing to color it for me, let me know and I'll send you the TIFF. I also think it's a little small, but I didn't want it gigantic; it would be bothersome to read, then.

I also hope to have what I think is a very cool picture up sometime this weekend, but I can't guarantee anything. I'll do what I can.
Matt Trepal
Cartoon Hero

Kewl

Postby Andrick on Sat Jun 08, 2002 8:09 am

Hey that looks great! The only thing missing is a red arrow with the words "You are here". :wink:
Andrick
Cartoon Hero

Re: Kewl

Postby Matt Trepal on Sat Jun 08, 2002 10:15 am

Andrick wrote:Hey that looks great! The only thing missing is a red arrow with the words "You are here". :wink:

And not by accident! :wink:

The home base for our motley crew is the city of Pervis Gap, which is the capital of The Greensward, immediately south of the volcano. Is the text hard to read? I can read it all, but that may just be because I know what they're all supposed to say.

In related news, I got the other picture done! Much earlier than expected, too! Click on the thumbnail to see a scene from Portia's past:

It's the moment she receives both the announcement of her marriage to Duke Veratz (the scroll on the floor) and her acceptance to the Sorcerer's College (the letter in her hand). Hence the picture's title "Choices." I had every intention of actually putting text on the scroll and letter, but I couldn't get it to look natural. If I want it, I guess I'll have to draw it in by hand and then redo this picture.

But that can wait. Whaddaya think?
Matt Trepal
Cartoon Hero

Hmm...

Postby Andrick on Sat Jun 08, 2002 11:26 am

Your drawing style has much improved. When can we expect to see fingers? I like it.

The maps letter font through me for a loop but once I recognized what was an "a", "e", "k" and "o" the names fell into place. Still, it was confusing at first. Thanks for the pointer. Oooh! That volcano looks active and very scary! Soon, my adventurers, soon there will be running and screaming! :D
Andrick
Cartoon Hero

Re: PRESENTS!

Postby ThePooka on Sun Jun 09, 2002 11:23 am

[quote="Matt Trepal"]If anybody's willing to color it for me, let me know and I'll send you the TIFF. I also think it's a little small, but I didn't want it gigantic; it would be bothersome to read, then.[quote]
Photoshop and I have an interesting relationship. Sometimes it works.
*grin*
Nah, seriously, I've done some colouring with it, and am willing to give it a shot. I just have to get it on the working system.
I assume you still have my email address hanging around somewhere?
~That Pooka Thing.
Pleasure is the disease. Pain is the cure -Lilith
ThePooka
Regular Poster

Re: Hmm...

Postby Matt Trepal on Thu Jun 13, 2002 8:18 pm

Andrick wrote:Your drawing style has much improved. When can we expect to see fingers? I like it.

Thanks, Andrick! Like Howard has said, it's tough looking at my early work and realizing that at the time I thought it was good enough to show people! Boy, have I learned my lesson! I really hate some of my early stuff. But to be fair, I hate some of my recent stuff, too. As for fingers, I'm not sure they will ever become part of the anatomy of characters in FCE. The way I see it, it's part of my schtick, part of what makes my style distinctive. I've started drawing them when I draw humans (and in one bit of fanart), but not in my anthropomorphic animals. I like the paws!
Matt Trepal
Cartoon Hero

Postby Captain Mike on Sat Jun 15, 2002 6:12 pm

Well Matt if you haven't checked your email yet you should now.
I got 2 .....count'em 2 versions of your map done in colour!
<a href="http://captainmike.comicgenesis.com"> Captain Mike</a>
Captain Mike
Regular Poster

Postby ThePooka on Mon Jun 17, 2002 8:38 am

Yay, a coloured version is in the email!
So erm..yah. just a heads up n stuff. I'll probably play more and get another version off.
So, If I read right, thats 4. Yes 4! visually stunning pieces our illustrious artist will be sifting through.
Muhahahahahahahaha! Or..something. *grin*
Man, I am in such a weird mood today. Ignore me :)
Pleasure is the disease. Pain is the cure -Lilith
ThePooka
Regular Poster

Return to Fight Cast Or Evade