This May Have Been Asked Before

For requests for help from CG administrators, Wranglers, and experienced CG members. Please read the FAQ before posting. Also look at CG Wiki for tutorials and how-tos written by other CG webtoonists.
Post Reply
BassZX
Regular Poster
Posts: 116
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 4:40 pm

This May Have Been Asked Before

Post by BassZX »

When I look at my website on Firefox, I can't see the backrgound. And the banner goes to some place it shouldn't be.

Anyone know what's up with that?

http://hyro.comicgen.com

Note that on Internet Explorer it looks just fine. Only firefox messes it up.
I'm so 1337 sometimes.

User avatar
War
Grr
Posts: 3018
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2003 2:26 pm
Contact:

Post by War »

Replace all those individual body tags with this:
<body BGCOLOR="#0E577A" text="white" link="green" vlink="gold" alink="red">
I've also added the # to the hexcode for the background colour. There should only be one body tag, and # should be in front of hex colour codes.

User avatar
STrRedWolf
Confuzzled CG Admin
Confuzzled CG Admin
Posts: 2580
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: undef;
Contact:

Post by STrRedWolf »

You have multiple BODY tags, which isn't allowed in HTML to begin with. Combine them into one like this:

<body bgcolor="#0e577a" text="#ffffff" link="#00cc00" vlink="gold" alink="#cc0000">

If you use a HTML "What you see is what you get" design program for your pages, I'd get a refund.

BassZX
Regular Poster
Posts: 116
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 4:40 pm

Post by BassZX »

That fixed the problem on the main page and the comic archives. But on all my other pages the problem is still there. Is there something else in the code I missed to apply it to all the site pages?

And STrRedwolf, I don't really know what you meant at that last part. Do you mean my html editing program?
I'm so 1337 sometimes.

User avatar
Pillywiggin
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)
Posts: 1369
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2004 10:05 am

Post by Pillywiggin »

You still have multiple body tags
<body BGCOLOR="0E577A">
<body text="white">
<body link="green">
<body vlink="gold">
<body alink="red">
Replace them with the code that War and STrRedWolf gave you.
Image Image Image

User avatar
Oualawouzou
Cartoon Cop (Moderator)
Cartoon Cop (Moderator)
Posts: 1548
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2003 7:47 am
Contact:

Post by Oualawouzou »

BassZX wrote:That fixed the problem on the main page and the comic archives. But on all my other pages the problem is still there. Is there something else in the code I missed to apply it to all the site pages?

And STrRedwolf, I don't really know what you meant at that last part. Do you mean my html editing program?
He means that if your html editing program showed you a preview of your page that was "working" with the multiple <BODY> tags, then that program isn't very good at recognizing proper html coding.

User avatar
Dburkhead
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1083
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:59 am
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Contact:

Post by Dburkhead »

Oualawouzou wrote:
BassZX wrote:That fixed the problem on the main page and the comic archives. But on all my other pages the problem is still there. Is there something else in the code I missed to apply it to all the site pages?

And STrRedwolf, I don't really know what you meant at that last part. Do you mean my html editing program?
He means that if your html editing program showed you a preview of your page that was "working" with the multiple <BODY> tags, then that program isn't very good at recognizing proper html coding.
Even worse would be if it created those multiple body tags.
David L. Burkhead
Mercenary Scientist
Image
Updates Wednesdays

Post Reply