FTP not working

For requests for help from CG administrators, Wranglers, and experienced CG members. Please read the FAQ before posting. Also look at CG Wiki for tutorials and how-tos written by other CG webtoonists.

FTP not working

Postby Elaborate on Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:41 am

Hi!
I just tried to upload a comic strip - I usually try to update on April Fools', even if I haven't done anything the entire year - but FileZilla gave me an error message (error 530 - Login authorization failed).
Similarly, when I tried the back-up solution of uploading via the siteadmin, I got a "500 error".
Advice?
Elaborate

Re: FTP not working

Postby LibertyCabbage on Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:59 am

Maybe the server went down temporarily. Can you try logging in again?
ImageImage
"Seems like the only comics that would be good to this person are super action crazy lines, mega poses!"
LibertyCabbage
Cartoon Hero

Postby Elaborate on Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:21 pm

I've tried several times over the day. I can contact the server fine, it's just that the password for my account doesn't seem to be accepted.
I tried setting a new password at the siteadmin earlier, but back in the day, I used a Yahoo mail address, and I guess there will be a delay before I get the mail...

Shame, because I pulled an all-nighter so I could actually post something early on April Fool's for once, instead of sneaking it in in the evening...
Elaborate

Postby Elaborate on Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:33 pm

Still no progress on FTP problems.
Still impossible to upload comics at Siteadmin.
Still no message from password change showing up on my Yahoo mail.
And Quickadmin doesn't let me in (though normal siteadmin does), so I can't check that the mail address is correct.

Here's a copy of what FileZilla says, btw:
Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Response: 220---------- Welcome to Pure-FTPd [privsep] ----------
Response: 220-You are user number 2 of 50 allowed.
Response: 220-Local time is now 20:24. Server port: 21.
Response: 220-This is a private system - No anonymous login
Response: 220-IPv6 connections are also welcome on this server.
Response: 220 You will be disconnected after 5 minutes of inactivity.
Command: USER goldenage
Response: 331 User goldenage OK. Password required
Command: PASS ********
Response: 530 Login authentication failed
Error: Critical error
Error: Could not connect to server
Elaborate

Postby LibertyCabbage on Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:59 pm

I've been able to log in yesterday and today, so it seems like the server's working. If you can't reset your password, you'll have to PM an Admin about it.
ImageImage
"Seems like the only comics that would be good to this person are super action crazy lines, mega poses!"
LibertyCabbage
Cartoon Hero

Postby ColdFusion on Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:51 pm

Last time I updated, a few days ago, net2FTP worked, but slowly.. and it let me upload comics (which had been working fine the previous week) but triggering an update on quickadmin didn't work.. the file just disappeared from the comcis FTP folder. so I just used fireFTP and it worked. Now I can't get net2FTP to load at all so it's down to just fireFTP. I don't like only having one working way to upload, there's gotta be a backup. Siteadmin hasn't worked in a LONG time (gives you 500 error) but in the past it has gone long periods of time without being functiona. I think it's something they consider obsolete and are trying to move beyond.
ColdFusion
Regular Poster

Postby LibertyCabbage on Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:47 am

ColdFusion wrote:Last time I updated, a few days ago, net2FTP worked, but slowly.. and it let me upload comics (which had been working fine the previous week) but triggering an update on quickadmin didn't work.. the file just disappeared from the comcis FTP folder. so I just used fireFTP and it worked. Now I can't get net2FTP to load at all so it's down to just fireFTP. I don't like only having one working way to upload, there's gotta be a backup. Siteadmin hasn't worked in a LONG time (gives you 500 error) but in the past it has gone long periods of time without being functiona. I think it's something they consider obsolete and are trying to move beyond.
If you're looking for another FTP client, try FileZilla.
ImageImage
LibertyCabbage
Cartoon Hero

Return to Help Center