Internet

For requests for help from CG administrators, Wranglers, and experienced CG members. Please read the FAQ before posting. Also look at CG Wiki for tutorials and how-tos written by other CG webtoonists.

Internet

Postby pup28578 on Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:49 am

I want to host a comic on Comic Genesis and I'm right now pricing internet. How many gigs do you need to host a webcomic? Is 10 gigs enough or can you get by on less? Thanks.
John Lapoint
pup28578

Re: Internet

Postby Dr Neo Lao on Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:40 pm

To start with, you can get away with a minimal plan because no matter how fantastawesome your comic is, you won't get many visitors to start with, at least not until the word spreads around. Unless you have a prior internet item (such as a blog) with an existing fanbase that will follow you to this webcomic.

The main points I would look for in a host is one that wil let you have control of your domain (so you can move to another host if you need to) and scaleability (you can upgrade your plan / bandwidth without moving servers). 24/7 support isn't as much of an issue because if your comic goes down, it isn't a hugely critical thing so if it is offline for a few hours it isn't a major issue.
Dr Neo Lao
Cartoon Hero

Return to Help Center