README: Banner Ad problems (including viruses)
- Oualawouzou
- Cartoon Cop (Moderator)

- Posts: 1548
- Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2003 7:47 am
- Contact:
This helped SO MUCH. I tell you, look at all those "SCRIPT" thingies. I am sorry that I don't know enough to tell which one is pertinent. The source code I incorrectly posted was from the Dom Inspector, as i was posting anything that had what looked like an ad link.. was very confusing. I was clicking on everything!STrRedWolf wrote:...lets dig into that second, embedded #document. Go into the HTML node, then look at every SCRIPT node. Forget the ones that don't have a src attribute -- they're useless. We want the ones that get pulled in. There's a few comming from "gavads" but the number at the end will change. We need the last gavsad****.js URL with the number at the end.
Here's the bugger! As I said, it'll change with different ads and at different times.
But TADA! I have a bugger, too
Link: Intimate Dating Ad showing on my archive pages
Time: 10:28am USCentral Time
Info: http://gavzad.keenspot.com/adserv10.js?keenspace;624996
-
Anubicdarque
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 37
- Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:52 pm
Ive started to get pop unders from these forums as well as on my site
http://bloodbound.comicgenesis.com
http://gavzad.keenspot.com/adserv124.html?burst
popping up 6/3/07 at around 11 pm Aust central daylight
http://bloodbound.comicgenesis.com
http://gavzad.keenspot.com/adserv124.html?burst
popping up 6/3/07 at around 11 pm Aust central daylight
I am getting extremely upset that this continues to be a problem:
http://gavzad.keenspot.com/adserv10.js?keenspace;76240
My main page:http://lifesawitch.comicgenesis.com/
Noonish: US Central Time
http://gavzad.keenspot.com/adserv10.js?keenspace;76240
My main page:http://lifesawitch.comicgenesis.com/
Noonish: US Central Time
On my guestbook page. Same ad as yesterday.
10:45 am Central Time
http://gavzad.keenspot.com/adserv10.js?keenspace;739772
10:45 am Central Time
http://gavzad.keenspot.com/adserv10.js?keenspace;739772
Thanks - that hits the spot for me too.STrRedWolf wrote:Let's do it this way: A graphical trip down. Here's the first part, using my own site here on CG. I've opened it up with a Monster ad on it, and already drilled down into that IFRAME with the "ks_da" ID on it. You'll then see there's another #document in there...
- Noise Monkey
- Smells of pee
- Posts: 5848
- Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2003 7:14 am
- Location: A little short...
- Contact:
I don't know what the banner is, but something is hijacking my site. Every time I try to go to it (http://www.dimbulbcomics.com) I get bounced here
The site it sends me to (in Firefox and IE) seems to be rather pop-uppy, so click at your own risk.
Chaos Cricket (remember him?) also has the same problem on a different computer. In a different state.
The site it sends me to (in Firefox and IE) seems to be rather pop-uppy, so click at your own risk.
Chaos Cricket (remember him?) also has the same problem on a different computer. In a different state.
- Black Sparrow
- Cartoon Anti-Hero
- Posts: 6973
- Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:04 am
- Location: Violating your restraining order
- Contact:
Try disabling any shoutboxy-things you have. I think, 95% of the time, it's the shoutbox that causes this sort of trouble. My previous one was carrying a virus in its ads.Noise Monkey wrote:I don't know what the banner is, but something is hijacking my site. Every time I try to go to it (http://www.dimbulbcomics.com) I get bounced here
The site it sends me to (in Firefox and IE) seems to be rather pop-uppy, so click at your own risk.
Chaos Cricket (remember him?) also has the same problem on a different computer. In a different state.
- Noise Monkey
- Smells of pee
- Posts: 5848
- Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2003 7:14 am
- Location: A little short...
- Contact:
- Adobedragon
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 164
- Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:08 am
- Location: New Mexico
- Contact:
Just wanted to note that I'm getting that same J-List ad(s) on my (Web-14) comic as well. It looks like some versions of the ad are sort of innocuous, advertising T-shirts and whatnot, while others are going for the full-on naughty, hentai and such.
But since the J-List does sell a lot of adult merchandise, it doesn't seem appropriate to have a link on a site that isn't rated Mature.
But since the J-List does sell a lot of adult merchandise, it doesn't seem appropriate to have a link on a site that isn't rated Mature.
- Komiyan
- HOLD ON TO YOUR INTERNETS!!
- Posts: 2725
- Joined: Sun May 16, 2004 11:35 am
- Location: Hrmph.
- Contact:
What I said.
Do people really have major problems with the ones that're just Pocky and lunchboxes? Because when you click on the ad, you have the choice of visiting the normal J List or the over 18s J List, which has all the porno items in. It makes the inappropriate stuff very easy to avoid.
I understand concerns with ads like the one with the big butt in a bikini and the upskirt thing.
Do people really have major problems with the ones that're just Pocky and lunchboxes? Because when you click on the ad, you have the choice of visiting the normal J List or the over 18s J List, which has all the porno items in. It makes the inappropriate stuff very easy to avoid.
I understand concerns with ads like the one with the big butt in a bikini and the upskirt thing.
Yeah, I know for a fact kids under 18 visit my comic sometimes, and because of that these hentia related ads are a problem. It'd be cool if there is a way to keep the <18 ads and kick the >18 if at all possible. I recognize there might be some problems with this but I think I speak for everyone running a non-mature comic that the words "hentai" shouldn't ever show up on our websites.
- Kirb
- A BUSINESSSS MAAAAAAAAANNNNNN
- Posts: 1828
- Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 12:07 am
- Location: I'll wrestle you for him.
- Contact:
Komiyan wrote:What I said.
Do people really have major problems with the ones that're just Pocky and lunchboxes? Because when you click on the ad, you have the choice of visiting the normal J List or the over 18s J List, which has all the porno items in. It makes the inappropriate stuff very easy to avoid.
I understand concerns with ads like the one with the big butt in a bikini and the upskirt thing.
Pocky and bentoboxes I have absolutely no problem with. It's just the ads advertising Bible Black and vibrators... stuff I don't want to be seen as advertising.


*^*^*^*^* http://spacejunkarlia.com/ *^*^*^*^* <- New Comic
*^*^*^*^* http://deadgeargame.com/ *^*^*^*^* <- New Game
Best Compliment: MrBob: "Kirb may suck, but at least he isn't annoying."
- SpriteMeister
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 167
- Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:15 pm
- Location: Elsewhere
- Contact:
Yeah, I just had a reader complain about the J-list ads on my site as well. My comic is rated 14 also.
I recall this being a problem in the past, before I joined.Silfedac wrote:Am I the only one who notices the frankly disturbing banner at the top of the page?
It's hard to forge someone's signature in Times New Roman.
- SpriteMeister
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 167
- Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:15 pm
- Location: Elsewhere
- Contact:
- Dr Neo Lao
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 2397
- Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:21 am
- Location: Australia
Re: README: Banner Ad problems (including viruses)
This problem doesn't seem to be coming up any more, so I'll un-sticky it and add it to the list of older stickies.












