Pics Not Showing (already checked gear)

For requests for help from CG administrators, Wranglers, and experienced CG members. Please read the FAQ before posting. Also look at CG Wiki for tutorials and how-tos written by other CG webtoonists.
Post Reply
BassZX
Regular Poster
Posts: 116
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 4:40 pm

Pics Not Showing (already checked gear)

Post by BassZX »

I just got a laptop. For some reason, the banner shows fine on it, but the comic and navigation buttons don't show up. Does anyone know why this is happening?

Possible causes I've discovered are that I have Norton and Firefox. But Gear says that the banner wouldn't be showing up either.

What's going on?
I'm so 1337 sometimes.

User avatar
Gengar003
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1606
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:12 pm

Post by Gengar003 »

What's your keenspace url?
"If you hear a voice inside you saying "you are not an artist," then by all means make art... and that voice shall be silenced"
-Adapted from Van Gogh

BassZX
Regular Poster
Posts: 116
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 4:40 pm

Post by BassZX »

Oops. Sorry.

It's http://hyro.comicgen.com
I'm so 1337 sometimes.

BassZX
Regular Poster
Posts: 116
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 4:40 pm

Post by BassZX »

I really need help here.

I'm going on vacation on friday and I need to be able to monitor my site during that time.
I'm so 1337 sometimes.

User avatar
Gengar003
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1606
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:12 pm

Post by Gengar003 »

All your images are showing up fine to me.
"If you hear a voice inside you saying "you are not an artist," then by all means make art... and that voice shall be silenced"
-Adapted from Van Gogh

User avatar
Oualawouzou
Cartoon Cop (Moderator)
Cartoon Cop (Moderator)
Posts: 1548
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2003 7:47 am
Contact:

Re: Pics Not Showing (already checked gear)

Post by Oualawouzou »

BassZX wrote:I just got a laptop. For some reason, the banner shows fine on it, but the comic and navigation buttons don't show up. Does anyone know why this is happening?

Possible causes I've discovered are that I have Norton and Firefox. But Gear says that the banner wouldn't be showing up either.

What's going on?
But did you try the fix for Norton problems?

BassZX
Regular Poster
Posts: 116
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 4:40 pm

Post by BassZX »

The Norton fix didn't seem to apply to the Norton version I was using. But maybe I was just looking in the wrong place. I could go back and try again.
I'm so 1337 sometimes.

BassZX
Regular Poster
Posts: 116
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 4:40 pm

Post by BassZX »

Okay. This is strange. Other keenspace sites can be displayed on the laptop. For some reason it's just my site not working. Could it be some html problem?
I'm so 1337 sometimes.

User avatar
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Posts: 16399
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:34 am
Location: It's equally probable that I'm everywhere.
Contact:

Post by Rkolter »

BassZX wrote:Okay. This is strange. Other keenspace sites can be displayed on the laptop. For some reason it's just my site not working. Could it be some html problem?
I also see all your images. Ergo the problem is on your end. beyond that, the old hat of 'clear your cache and reload' comes to mind. :-?
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"

User avatar
Kaourika
Regular Poster
Posts: 180
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 5:57 pm
Location: Location: Location: Location: Locati--*whacked*

Post by Kaourika »

I just skimmed your coding; the only thing curious I noticed is that some of the images linked off of http://hyro.toonspace.com/ , while others are http://hyro.comicgen.com .

I'm confused about all this new URL business, so I don't know if this would effect anything, but just thought I'd mention it.

Everything also displays fine for me, BTW.

User avatar
Kaourika
Regular Poster
Posts: 180
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 5:57 pm
Location: Location: Location: Location: Locati--*whacked*

Post by Kaourika »

Also see this thread:
viewtopic.php?t=66397
This person is having a similar problem, also in Firefox, and there are more suggestions on how to fix it there.

BassZX
Regular Poster
Posts: 116
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 4:40 pm

Post by BassZX »

The image urls shouldn't be the problem. I just uploaded the images to workspace/images and keenspace did the rest. So there's no possible way for me to change the urls.

That other thread must be wrong. I have this problem in IE and Firefox.

I'm guessing that the problem has to be the computer.
I'm so 1337 sometimes.

User avatar
Mvmarcz
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3623
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:17 pm
Location: Louisiana
Contact:

Post by Mvmarcz »

BassZX wrote:The image urls shouldn't be the problem. I just uploaded the images to workspace/images and keenspace did the rest. So there's no possible way for me to change the urls.

That other thread must be wrong. I have this problem in IE and Firefox.

I'm guessing that the problem has to be the computer.
not only is your avatar awesome...it was in sync with the music I was listening too XD
Image
NJ: "You know the drill, you're AWESOME!"
I am the artist formerly known as M2

BassZX
Regular Poster
Posts: 116
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 4:40 pm

Post by BassZX »

Yes, Pichu is cool. But I don't think he will fix my problem XD.
I'm so 1337 sometimes.

User avatar
Wyldcherry
Regular Poster
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2004 11:43 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Post by Wyldcherry »

Are you also using a firewall, as well? I had to go into my firewalls control pannel to adjust the privacy settings for keenspace to order to see any images.

edit: whoops, I was thinking norton antivirus instead of their firewall. (I have zone alarm pro, btw). Anywho, all the images are working fine on my computer in both browsers.
Image

BassZX
Regular Poster
Posts: 116
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 4:40 pm

Post by BassZX »

Alright. The only images that aren't showing are the comics and the first, previous, next, today buttons.

Now, all of these buttons are ones that I didn't make any code for. Keenspace puts in the code for me. This leads me to believe that the problem is with my computer not reading the keenspace coding correctly. Is that possible?

If not, my version of Norton security does not seem to speak english It appears to speak algebra XD. So I have no idea how to turn it off. But as I said, I think the problem is with the html.
I'm so 1337 sometimes.

Post Reply