Search found 17 matches

by UnicornEmily
Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:20 am
Forum: Weregeek
Topic: Today's comic
Replies: 441
Views: 135600

I am chortling about today's strip. Absolutely chortling. What a great way to do a shoulder angel and a shoulder demon! This strip has got to be the best version of that since Emperor's New Grove. XD
by UnicornEmily
Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:10 am
Forum: Weregeek
Topic: The Danger of Telling Family About Obsessions . . .
Replies: 11
Views: 3467

Excellent philosophical rant, Narf! I agree with you about that! I've always had issues with the idea that good intentions can lead to hell -- I've always found that a stupid saying. Good ideals + no intention to DO anything about them can lead to hell, yes -- but not good intentions that a person i...
by UnicornEmily
Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:35 am
Forum: Weregeek
Topic: The Danger of Telling Family About Obsessions . . .
Replies: 11
Views: 3467

The Danger of Telling Family About Obsessions . . .

Dustin's comment that he made the mistake of telling his grandmother that he likes dragons, thereby ensuring that she would send him a new dragon every year, made me laugh. It's SO the kind of thing that really happens! I'm obsessed with unicorns. So what happens? I mention to my mom that I love uni...
by UnicornEmily
Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:36 pm
Forum: Weregeek
Topic: Today's comic
Replies: 441
Views: 135600

Okay, that hydra in the first panel of today's strip is officially awesome.

And Abbie-the-nearly-dead-ninja was such a riot! (Even though I first read that over a week ago, I still giggle thinking about it.)
by UnicornEmily
Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:30 pm
Forum: Weregeek
Topic: YES!!
Replies: 16
Views: 2567

(Burst out laughing.) Oh, you two bring up such a painfully accurate point! I've seen that happen to more than one webcomic I've loved before, and it's never failed to make me upset. Fortunately, Weregeek seems to be very solid, both in updates and story pacing, so I'm not worried about that happeni...
by UnicornEmily
Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:50 pm
Forum: Weregeek
Topic: YES!!
Replies: 16
Views: 2567

I say she's evil and must meet the lit end of a lightsaber soon. :twisted:

Although, to be fair, she doesn't seem quite as bad now as she did when we first met her . . . ugh . . .
by UnicornEmily
Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:45 pm
Forum: Weregeek
Topic: 2007-09-20 Fruits Basket
Replies: 36
Views: 5498

Fruits Basket was actually my first anime series, and it still holds a special place in my heart. I'm a shoujo otaku, and particularly a mahou shoujo nut, so my tastes are obviously biased, but my list of favorite anime series is included on this page: http://amr.comicgenesis.com/aboutme.html The b...
by UnicornEmily
Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:39 pm
Forum: Weregeek
Topic: YES!!
Replies: 16
Views: 2567

YES!!

I shall now be gleeful at the revelation that Sarah has a crush on Mark! I've thought from the beginning that those two would match each other! YAY!

Plus, this means there's a chance we might get to see The Evil Girlfriend go down soon. Bwah ha ha ha ha! :twisted:
by UnicornEmily
Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:30 am
Forum: Weregeek
Topic: Sketchbook Sundays!
Replies: 312
Views: 177784

Oooh, that looks like a nice page. I agree that the intro storyline you wound up using was the right choice, though -- we WANT to know about the villain now, but you have to build up that eagerness for revelations in your readers before you start revealing things!
by UnicornEmily
Tue May 01, 2007 1:42 am
Forum: Weregeek
Topic: live-action?
Replies: 33
Views: 9482

This all sounds fascinating! I love acting, but I've always preferred improvision to having someone tell me specifically what to do all the time. I've always wondered how LARPing was usually done, and this has answered a lot of questions for me. Thanks for the useful links, too! It would be so much ...
by UnicornEmily
Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:01 am
Forum: Weregeek
Topic: Natural Born Munchkin
Replies: 24
Views: 2569

We don't tend to munchkin that much in my D&D group, since we tend to be more story-based than rules-based in our campaigns. (Ponders.) Of course, letting one of our characters become a goddess of chaos near the end of one campaign might have been a bit munchkinny, though the player balanced that ou...
by UnicornEmily
Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:59 am
Forum: Weregeek
Topic: Gah! Evil Girlfriend!
Replies: 17
Views: 4491

Hee hee hee! That sounds like fun! My husband managed to shock all his coworkers when he told them that not only does his wife play D&D with him, but all the other D&D players in his group are girls, and friends of his wife's! They were all even more startled recently, when they found out that his w...
by UnicornEmily
Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:57 pm
Forum: Weregeek
Topic: Gah! Evil Girlfriend!
Replies: 17
Views: 4491

Well, I certainly hope so, because that's the reaction that person deserves! (Shudders.)
by UnicornEmily
Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:01 am
Forum: Weregeek
Topic: Gah! Evil Girlfriend!
Replies: 17
Views: 4491

Gah! Evil Girlfriend!

Okay, Mark's girlfriend is one ANNOYING person. Just from that one panel of today's strip, I can tell that I will loathe her. Bleh!

Is ly-geek-thropy catching, by any chance? Could somebody bite her really hard, even if it isn't? (Hopeful look.) Please?
by UnicornEmily
Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:56 am
Forum: Weregeek
Topic: First Post!
Replies: 54
Views: 11955

I totally agree with you there! That's why I went for weak art and frequent updates with my comic strip. I am constantly jealous of my best friend, who draws Nowhere University -- she has terrific art AND a terrific story AND updates three times a week, while I can only boast the good story and freq...
by UnicornEmily
Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:45 am
Forum: Weregeek
Topic: What's your Geek Factor?
Replies: 22
Views: 3117

I've always been a book geek, myself. I learned to read at three years old, and I've been hooked to fantasy ever since. And while most people seem to go from liking fantasy as kids to liking "mainstream" stuff as grown-ups, my tastes have evolved in the reverse direction: I used to like all genres a...
by UnicornEmily
Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:37 am
Forum: Weregeek
Topic: Roll call!!
Replies: 68
Views: 9208

Emily here! I just joined the forum thanks to Alina urging me to do so after I e-mailed her to let her know her comic strip rules. (Hello, O Great Artist of the Webcomic We All Love!) What am I working on at the moment? Well, I just finished lettering eight strips for my comic strip (I prefer to do ...