Search found 27 matches

by Sagebrush
Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:35 pm
Forum: Cartoonists' Choice Awards
Topic: 2008 Final Ballot Posted
Replies: 9
Views: 19738

Oh hey, thanks for the nominations, whoever nominated me! ^_^

I got a cryptic congratulations message from someone, and this was the only contest I could think that of he might be referring to... lol.
by Sagebrush
Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:21 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Webcomic trade paperbacks
Replies: 44
Views: 4201

Biev: I'd really like that lower price, but if there's one thing I hate, it's lack of communication coupled with slow service. I don't mind slowness so much if someone is there to tell me they're working on it, at least, but no contact is bad business. I have until May, but I need to do a lot of rew...
by Sagebrush
Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:26 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: What's your favourite panel?
Replies: 76
Views: 3454

This one isn't bad:

Image
by Sagebrush
Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:39 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Confused on legality....
Replies: 74
Views: 5617

In the off-topic topic of music in comics, I particularly like this sequence in Crowfeathers , where they have the midi of the music they're singing on the page, and you can read along to the lyrics to the music. It was so nice that I wish I could do that in my comic somewhere. And Tailsteak's Band...
by Sagebrush
Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:08 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Webcomic trade paperbacks
Replies: 44
Views: 4201

I couldn't believe it when they were talking about this in No Rest for the Wicked's forum, and she was saying Lulu did either color or b/w, no mixing (so if you want a color page here or there you have to pay for full color all the way). At 15 cents vs 2 cents a page, that's instant death for color ...
by Sagebrush
Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:51 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Webcomic trade paperbacks
Replies: 44
Views: 4201

I'm considering ComiXpress since I could get my books (200+pg trades) printed cheaper than at Lulu and theoretically sell more since the retail price could be lowered (but then I'd have to sell more to break even since there's something like a $30 up front expense,* which is higher than Lulu's). HOW...
by Sagebrush
Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:08 pm
Forum: Comic Pitching
Topic: Crowfeathers!
Replies: 8
Views: 1221

I guess I'll forgive you. ^o^
by Sagebrush
Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:01 pm
Forum: Technique Tips and Tricks
Topic: The Thread of Hawt Womenfolk
Replies: 70
Views: 5516

I don't know what "weeabo" is either. :/
by Sagebrush
Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:44 pm
Forum: Technique Tips and Tricks
Topic: The Thread of Hawt Womenfolk
Replies: 70
Views: 5516

I'm a girl, so I cheated.
by Sagebrush
Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:23 pm
Forum: Technique Tips and Tricks
Topic: Lovely, hot, sexy menfolk
Replies: 48
Views: 4824

spqrblues wrote:BTW, I'm enjoying your comic, sagebrush!
Thanks!
by Sagebrush
Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:27 am
Forum: Comic Pitching
Topic: Crowfeathers!
Replies: 8
Views: 1221

Just BS people into thinking you did more research than you actually did.. lol.
by Sagebrush
Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:55 pm
Forum: Technique Tips and Tricks
Topic: Lovely, hot, sexy menfolk
Replies: 48
Views: 4824

spqrblues wrote:I wonder how P. L. Nunn at Bishonenworks gets things printed?
Ask?
If I get any useful information for distributing our Lovely, Hot, Sexy Menfolk, I'll let everyone know :wink:
Please do!
by Sagebrush
Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:34 pm
Forum: Technique Tips and Tricks
Topic: Lovely, hot, sexy menfolk
Replies: 48
Views: 4824

Do you know if there's a place like dA but that will make prints of more mature art, so people can order online? Tasteful nudes. Or even non-tasteful nudes. I think DA will do nudes, but nothing that shows or hints at sex. I haven't gotten into prints yet, tho I'd like to... Someone at Radio Comix ...
by Sagebrush
Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:35 pm
Forum: Technique Tips and Tricks
Topic: Lovely, hot, sexy menfolk
Replies: 48
Views: 4824

I am perfectly willing to put smiley faces or obscuring text over the naughty bits. Oh, that reminds me of this . (Mostly work safe, but hosted on DA so I can't hotlink) And then here's another hotty I forgot about, also hosted on DA so no hotlinky. Totally work safe unless you have smoking issues.
by Sagebrush
Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:35 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Respectable Unique Visitors
Replies: 73
Views: 4248

Mega man is an oldschool anime/cartoon that's been redone a million times. It's also a video game (I think it started as a video game). The idea's taken off Astroboy, the first anime. It's a story about an android, basically.
by Sagebrush
Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:20 pm
Forum: Comic Pitching
Topic: Crowfeathers!
Replies: 8
Views: 1221

Sorry, I thought the giant signature image was obvious. XD Everything's fairly original since I made it all myself... I hadn't really looked at all that many webcomics until really, really recently, and hadn't read webcomic tutorials until... just now. heh. Who's this Scott McCloud person I keep hea...
by Sagebrush
Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:31 pm
Forum: Technique Tips and Tricks
Topic: Lovely, hot, sexy menfolk
Replies: 48
Views: 4824

I suppose it depends on where you work. XD
by Sagebrush
Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:06 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Respectable Unique Visitors
Replies: 73
Views: 4248

I can't say this strong enough: watching your stats can be the quickest and easiest way to suck all the joy out of drawing a comic. There are some hideously crappy comics out there that somehow wind up becoming popular for no real apparent reason, and if you start competing with them in your ownn h...
by Sagebrush
Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:52 pm
Forum: Technique Tips and Tricks
Topic: The Thread of Hawt Womenfolk
Replies: 70
Views: 5516

I must say, I am impressed. On just about any other forum, a thread like this would have long since degenerated into somebody wildly squealing something like "OMG! do joo draw teh hentais??!1!!!? joo are ghey lozers". OMG, HENTAI! I REPORT CHUUU! Oh look... an oral fixation piece. http://crowfeathe...
by Sagebrush
Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:38 pm
Forum: Technique Tips and Tricks
Topic: Lovely, hot, sexy menfolk
Replies: 48
Views: 4824

Okay, one shojoish one:

Image

something more uh.. snakey:

Image


and something totally, utterly not work safe here.