Search found 134 matches

by ShardZ
Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:16 am
Forum: Cartoonists' Choice Awards
Topic: presentation?
Replies: 35
Views: 55184

You should probably let someone on the committee know directly that you're offering to do presentations. They may not check this forum very often. But the nomination round has been bumped from the 4th to the 7th, so the event is being tended to, I guess. So... does anyone have ideas for attempting t...
by ShardZ
Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:36 pm
Forum: Cartoonists' Choice Awards
Topic: HEY, PROSPECTIVE VOTERS! OVER HERE!
Replies: 5
Views: 16477

HEY, PROSPECTIVE VOTERS! OVER HERE!

I hope others, registered voters or not, can join me in this little initiative... I know chances are slim-to-none that anyone will respond to this thread, but since nominations for this year's WCCAs have begun, I figured I'd at least thow out some good webcomics I've read, and the categories they mi...
by ShardZ
Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:07 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: the BB effect
Replies: 19
Views: 2054

Well, be sure to let us know if it happens again, Packrat. (At least, I thought you were talking about something that had happened to you recently, but if you were just speculating about a future in which the government controls Internet content... yes, that is a scary thought.) I was under the impr...
by ShardZ
Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:45 am
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: Women!
Replies: 45
Views: 2659

The only thing I can really add to this is: This isn't a women specific issue, men do it to. I've had it done to me on numerous occasions. Irrationality isn't gender specific :P True, true. :( I'm sure whenever I figured a guy was just being an irrational, self-righteous jerk, I was making the same...
by ShardZ
Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:42 am
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: Women!
Replies: 45
Views: 2659

I have to say Ifind it less offensive and more embarassingly accurate. I've never accused someone of something like that, but I do tend to fly off the handle. Even worse at... certain times. I really hate it when I know an outburst could be coming, and I just can't seem to stop myself. And consider ...
by ShardZ
Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:24 am
Forum: Comic Pitching
Topic: my black and white rough
Replies: 13
Views: 1506

Care to elaborate, for the artistically challenged? :-?

When I first saw the comic, I was instantly reminded of traditionally cartoonish, brightly-colored comics like Asterix, especially with the clear and varying lineweights.
by ShardZ
Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:51 pm
Forum: Hellbënders
Topic: The apparatus is fucked.
Replies: 1
Views: 17826

Eeeegh. Sorry to hear that. :( But for what it's worth, it's great to have you back in any form! I'm glad to hear the (creative) drive is still going strong. Seriously, your art is more consistent and detailed than a lot of published webcomics I've seen, and the consistent writing style only helps. ...
by ShardZ
Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:44 pm
Forum: Cartoonists' Choice Awards
Topic: 2007 Post Mortum
Replies: 8
Views: 20608

It's not that there's anything wrong with the ceremony, Sasjhwa; it has it's usefulness, and of course it gives a special touch to the WCCAs. And of course, more readership for presenters is awesome! It's just that the process of hunting through literally dozens of clicks/backups and page after page...
by ShardZ
Tue May 29, 2007 4:28 am
Forum: Cartoonists' Choice Awards
Topic: 2007 Post Mortum
Replies: 8
Views: 20608

I agree, noir. The ceremonies are nice for (sometimes) providing a nice bit of artwork from each comic, but other than that, it's quite a bit to slog through. Looking again at the link I gave earlier, it seems that all the results pages, except for 2006, can be accessed by plugging the year into the...
by ShardZ
Thu May 24, 2007 10:59 am
Forum: Cartoonists' Choice Awards
Topic: 2007 Post Mortum
Replies: 8
Views: 20608

You mean like this, noir?

There may be ways of looking at each year's "results" (like the above) rather than the more convoluted "ceremony" list that has been in place in recent years. They were made, I think, but replaced with the ceremonies as they were created.
by ShardZ
Fri May 04, 2007 5:32 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: I wish I could say this surprised me.
Replies: 14
Views: 1181

Tough call on potential violence as a whole... but firing the artist for what I'm sure countless numbers of people do for fun seems a bit excessive, especially if what he claimed to be into was the exact opposite of what most firearm-related activities involve: He's shooting at inanimate, unmoving, ...
by ShardZ
Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:55 am
Forum: Cartoonists' Choice Awards
Topic: The Newcomers thread
Replies: 101
Views: 133058

Wow, activity is picking up. :o Welcome, all! As long as it debuted within the previous year's time, it counts as "new." :) The next awards start at the turn of the year (December or January, I think). Voters may be influenced as much by the size of a comic's archives as the art or writing quality h...
by ShardZ
Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:09 am
Forum: Cartoonists' Choice Awards
Topic: 2007 Post Mortum
Replies: 8
Views: 20608

For the record, I suppose I'll resubmit for the committee's consideration the practice of making individual sections, most easily on the forum, for creators and fans to link or post specific suggestions for the various nominations--to help expand the so-called playing field. Yes, there are a lot of ...
by ShardZ
Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:05 am
Forum: Cartoonists' Choice Awards
Topic: Annual Statistics
Replies: 8
Views: 21951

Re: Thanks!

I know I posted it last year, but I guess that was on our previous message board... Yep, I definitely missed it. :oops: I really did try to pay attention to that board, too, but there was a lot to follow. (Does anyone else find it ironic, lack of advertising aside, that that forum attracted far mor...
by ShardZ
Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:45 pm
Forum: Cartoonists' Choice Awards
Topic: Annual Statistics
Replies: 8
Views: 21951

This should definitely be stickied/archived for future years, if not updated. :D

Fantastic job!
by ShardZ
Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:03 am
Forum: Hellbënders
Topic: sigh...
Replies: 4
Views: 6116

For what it's worth, I liked the art for this page, even if it didn't really advance the current plot, or have much humor. I appreciated getting a glimpse of Cheri's taste in music (as alluded to by Lefty way back when). Artwise, I really liked the shading/lighting for the various costumes in the ba...
by ShardZ
Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:32 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Rebirth of Webcomic Above Discussion
Replies: 651
Views: 33327

...Am I the only one who didn't have trouble navigating my way through WBK? I understood what was going on (and was instantly reminded of IF, which I thought was very cool, even if a winding staircase is one of the oldest stall tactics in the book, right up there with long corridors/tunnels ;) ). I...
by ShardZ
Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:49 am
Forum: Cartoonists' Choice Awards
Topic: Commentary on the WCCAs
Replies: 72
Views: 32051

TdotOdot2k, where did you get that number? Was that for this year? It was an interview with Mark, posted in this thread in the General Discussion forum. Considering that it took something like a week past the "Nominations Posted" deadline for all the nominations to actually be posted (and that was ...
by ShardZ
Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:08 pm
Forum: Comic Pitching
Topic: CLUSTER - Adolescence sucks anyway (printed!)
Replies: 15
Views: 1602

Well, if I'd known it was going to be ending so soon, I definitely would've stuck with my first, fatalistic and depressing instincts. Too much exposure to things like "The Twilight Zone" and "The Outer Limits," I suppose.

Good job!
by ShardZ
Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:30 am
Forum: Hellbënders
Topic: sigh...
Replies: 4
Views: 6116

And here I was all ready to express my condolences and my hope that recovering the information and/or putting it all back together again wouldn't be too taxing. With my luck, I would have jinxed the whole affair. Congratulations, welcome back, and I'm glad things are easing up for you at work as wel...