Search found 89 matches

by Underbelly
Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:41 pm
Forum: Help Center
Topic: Webpages Sudbdirectory not updating?
Replies: 11
Views: 1975

Okay, I've tried that, and nothing. The test page would be at

http://thewrongband.keenspace.com/test.html

but I get nothing.

It's in my webpages directory, but it won't make the leap.
by Underbelly
Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:51 pm
Forum: Help Center
Topic: Webpages Sudbdirectory not updating?
Replies: 11
Views: 1975

I'm reposting here becuase I don't want this thread to drop off the main index. Anyway, I haven't been able to get my other pages to work since Sunday. I've got my archive page sitting there in the /workspace/webpages/ directory for days now, and it doesn't get updated. I can't even do it by manuall...
by Underbelly
Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:50 pm
Forum: Comic Pitching
Topic: The Wrong Band
Replies: 10
Views: 1259

Honestly, I don't even notice the pencil lines anymore. And no one had complained about them at all until now. The Blogger thing works like this: First you need a blogger account (although it could be a livejournal or just a .txt file in your public directory), that is the source. For mine I have a ...
by Underbelly
Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:08 pm
Forum: Help Center
Topic: Please do NOT e-mail your comics
Replies: 40
Views: 11741

Re: Please do NOT e-mail your comics

Dear keenspace, ANSWER MY EMAIL. If you didn't get it - I wanted to send you my comics because my computer can't use ftp - SO DO IT OR I WILL BE FORCED TO UNJOIN YOUR SERVICE. Angrily, I love how he thinks quitting Keenspace is a threat. I mean, we could always use a little more bandwidth to go aro...
by Underbelly
Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:53 pm
Forum: Help Center
Topic: Webpages Sudbdirectory not updating?
Replies: 11
Views: 1975

Yeah, I'm having the same problem. I was fixing the css calendar on my archive, and it worked fine for all of my pages except for the one in the /workspace/webpages/ folder. I was able to delete it in the public_html folder, thinking maybe it wasn't updating because of the original. It was a bad ide...
by Underbelly
Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:12 pm
Forum: Comic Pitching
Topic: The Wrong Band
Replies: 10
Views: 1259

yeahduff wrote:I like the pencil marks.
Yay! Some people like it. Validation is a warm fuzzy. I actually started leaving them in to try and give it a rough, manga-esque style, but I guess others disagree.
by Underbelly
Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:20 pm
Forum: Comic Pitching
Topic: Sinister Bedfellows
Replies: 15
Views: 1813

Wow. Yeah, this is cool stuff. Some are funny, some are kinda melancholy whimsical.

It's always nice to see something really original and different on 'space.
by Underbelly
Sat Feb 05, 2005 9:27 pm
Forum: Comic Pitching
Topic: The Wrong Band
Replies: 10
Views: 1259

But the pencil marks are distracting and bothersome
Sorry, but that's totally intentional and I have no plans of taking it out. When I do remove them, my art looks kinda flat.
by Underbelly
Sat Feb 05, 2005 5:38 pm
Forum: Comic Pitching
Topic: The Wrong Band
Replies: 10
Views: 1259

The Wrong Band

I've ended my other comic so I can concentrate on my new one, The Wrong Band. All is well with it. It is funny. It is the story of a Seattle band. They're like Josie and the Pussycats, only, y'know...good.
by Underbelly
Sun Nov 21, 2004 6:22 am
Forum: Technique Tips and Tricks
Topic: Commercial Parodys,Pranks,and Controversies
Replies: 39
Views: 3553

... Well, I guess no one else is going to say it, so I will. Learn how to type. There is supposed to be a space after each comma. I may make a series,I've been getting many reviews on my first,here is my first: This is a nightmare. Use some periods and semicolons. Actually, don't use semicolons, no ...
by Underbelly
Sun Nov 21, 2004 6:07 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Babelfish a description of your comic!
Replies: 60
Views: 4405

My description of Hard Underbelly : Hard Underbelly is the story of a very old vampire and a young human. Together they battle monsters and demons while slowly discovering a darker evil that is hiding just out of sight. The same, by way of German: Hard Underbelly is the history of a very old Vampire...
by Underbelly
Sun Nov 21, 2004 3:28 am
Forum: Comic Pitching
Topic: is this acalvin and hobbes rip-off?
Replies: 22
Views: 2033

I see what you mean about it crashing, it wouldn't even load for me. And really, I don't know how any comic could be more of a Calvin and Hobbes rip-off than Red and Rover.
by Underbelly
Sun Nov 21, 2004 3:23 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Schedule lapse
Replies: 44
Views: 3216

If you only missed an update for the first time, don't sweat it. There'll be lots of times when various things interrupt your schedule. The most common mitigating factors are work, school, and illness. Everyone gets swamped now and then. The only thing to really feel ashamed of is if you join the cr...
by Underbelly
Sun Nov 21, 2004 3:12 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: What do you do?
Replies: 53
Views: 3686

I collect comments on my website, good, bad, or whatever. Usually I got lukewarm reactions. There's a brief list of them at the bottom of this page. I personally find some of them quite funny.
by Underbelly
Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:47 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Let's have an Art Show!
Replies: 400
Views: 26268

Wheee! I'm glad to have sparked such debate in the contrast vs. curves arena.

In all fairness collapse, comparing the first image you posted and the two you later posted, it's quite clearly a completely diffrerent pic. You cheated.
by Underbelly
Sat Nov 06, 2004 9:26 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Let's have an Art Show!
Replies: 400
Views: 26268

Image

Drew it last night while vegging out in front of the tv. It looks more like a chocobo than I originally planned.
by Underbelly
Fri Oct 29, 2004 11:10 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Comic vs. The Written. Anyone do both?
Replies: 35
Views: 3714

Terry Moore of Starngers in Paradise does both. There are whole pages of SiP that are written in prose form. It's an interesting idea, but in my opinion it's handled poorly; it's kinda clunky and awkward when it switches. I sometimes find myself writing prose about the characters from my comics, sim...
by Underbelly
Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:35 pm
Forum: Comic Pitching
Topic: The Wrong Band
Replies: 5
Views: 974

It was actually a conscious decision to make her breasts smaller. In fact, she's physically based off of whoever the current female member of Xiu Xiu is. I can't figure out her name, but I based Lilac's appearance off of a show I saw them do in September. In that same vein, Erik is based on Thom Yor...
by Underbelly
Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:06 pm
Forum: Comic Pitching
Topic: The Wrong Band
Replies: 5
Views: 974

Well, as much as you plan out a comic and design the characters, it always takes a little while to get practiced enough at drawing them that they don't come out a little mannish. Besides, Lilac has short hair and is kind of flat-chested, by comic standards at least. As far as reusing art goes... yea...
by Underbelly
Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:03 am
Forum: Comic Pitching
Topic: The Wrong Band
Replies: 5
Views: 974

The Wrong Band

I've just started a second comic, making me a very tired human. It is called The Wrong Band. Please read it and tell me what you think. Share and enjoy.